BIS Schemes Certification Consultancy
BIS Certification is a means for providing third party guarantee of quality, safety and reliability of products to the customer. BIS Certification is voluntary in nature; however, the Government of India has made BIS certification mandatory for certain products taking into consideration public health.
Simplified Procedure for Domestic Manufacturers – In the simplified procedure, the applicant submits a test report of the sample from a BIS approved lab along with the application for BIS Certification. If the test report is satisfactory, then a verification of the factory premises is carried out by a BIS Officer.
FMCS ( Foreign Manufacturer Certification Services)
- FMCS is a scheme under which BIS licence is granted to a foreign manufacturer in accordance with the BIS Act, 2016 and Bureau on Indian Standards (Conformity Assessment) Regulations, 2018.
- The licence is granted for the products which conform to relevant Indian Standards. The Standards may be under mandatory or voluntary certification
- BIS licence to use or apply Standard Mark is granted for products manufactured in a manufacturing premises and conforming to all the requirements of the relevant Indian standard(s).
Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) (erstwhile DeitY) has notified “Electronics and Information Technology Goods (Requirement for Compulsory Registration) Order, 2012” Ministry of New and Renewal Energy(MNRE) has notified five products under Solar Photovoltaics, Systems, Devices and Components Goods (Requirements for Compulsory Registration) Order, 2017 dated 05 September 2017.
As per the Orders, no person shall manufacture or store for sale, import, sell or distribute goods which do not conform to the Indian standard specified in the order and do not bear the Standard Mark with unique registration number obtained from BIS.
Bureau of Indian Standards grants licence to the manufacturers to use or apply Standard Mark with unique R-number, through registration based on self-declaration of conformity for goods and articles as per Indian Standards. The grant of licence and its operation under Compulsory Registration Scheme are carried out as per the conformity assessment scheme.
BIS Hallmarking Scheme Consultancy
The BIS Hallmarking Scheme has been aligned with International criteria on hallmarking. As per this scheme, Registration is granted to the jewellers by BIS under Hallmarking Scheme. The BIS certified jewellers can get their jewellery hallmarked from any of the BIS recognized Assaying and Hallmarking Cent.
Covid 19 Products
- IS 16289:2014 Surgical Face Mask
- IS 9473:2002 Filter Half Mask
- IS 5983:1980 Eye Protectors
- IS 17423:2020 Coverall